Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Welcome to Party of 3 Travels!!!



I come from a family who has always loved to travel. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of packing up the car to the brim with luggage and activities for my brother and I to do (since back then we didn’t have ipads or ipods), and heading off for a week of fun and adventure. Some of these trips were larger in scale, like flying off to California or Florida, but some of my favorite memories are of the car trips to somewhere within 10 hours from our home in Illinois! 

Now with my own family of three; Brian, my husband of almost 11 years, and my 9 year old daughter, Paige, traveling has continued to be a yearly tradition that we look forward to. Some of my favorite parts of the traveling process is often the planning involved! 


Sometimes we take small weekend trips, such as over to Kansas City or Chicago, while other times it is on a larger scale, such as our two trips to Disney World! I have had numerous friends and family ask for recommendations of our favorite must do’s in Disney World, and also in Mount Rushmore, which we tend to visit once a year. The requests for recommendations gave me the idea for this blog…a place I can share my travel experiences and pictures while also detailing the must do’s for each destination. I plan on keeping budget in mind by showcasing some easy “staycations” or close weekend getaways, but also will highlight our bigger vacations for those planning a larger scale trip!


Prior to moving to Omaha I wrote for a local magazine based in Bloomington, Illinois on Midwestern getaways and absolutely loved it! It was fun to escape to places within 5 hours of home…some I never even realized existed!


I hope you enjoy revisiting some of my favorite trips, as well as reading about any future trips we may be taking!  


Upcoming blogs I plan on writing include our adventures in Disney World, Mount Rushmore, Chicago, Kansas City, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Universal Studios Florida, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Washington DC, Charlotte, North Carolina, Dallas Texas, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Branson, MO, Omaha, NE, Des Moines, IA, Madison, Wisconsin, Santa Claus, Indiana and many, many more!!!


Enjoy the “trip” we are about to take together on my new adventure, and I hope it gives you some ideas for future travel destinations!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment